About the HSC


HSC Student Affairs
1106 N. Stonewall Ave, Suite 300
Oklahoma City, OK 73117

Phone: (405) 271-2416
Toll Free:  (877) 577-5655
Fax: (405) 271-8817

About the HSC

Is there campus housing at the Health Sciences Center?

  • Yes, there is student housing at the Health Sciences Center. University Village opened in 2003 exclusively for the HSC community. Located on the southeast edge of campus, residents enjoy gated parking and being within close vicinity to all campus buildings. Studio apartments and two bedroom, two story town homes are available. For more information, visit the University Village website or call (405) 271-0500.

Can HSC students buy OU season football tickets?

  • Yes. All HSC students have the ability to sign up for the season football ticket lottery or purchase season basketball tickets. For more information concerning OU season football ticket availability, read the current Athletic Tickets policy, call HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416 or the OU Ticket Office at (405) 325-2424 or toll-free at 1-800-456-4668

Are there places to eat on the HSC campus?

  • A food court is located on the first floor of the David L. Boren Student Union. Students can choose from made-to-order sandwiches and wraps, hot-off-the grill items, salads, snack foods and beverages. Beakers, a 2004 addition to the HSC Student Union, serves Starbucks coffee, specialty foods and hot breakfast items. For hours of business, call the HSC Food Court at (405) 271-3660. Dave's Place, a 2010 addition to the HSC Campus, offers a wide variety of options and is located in OU Physicians Building. The Healthy Hearth, located on the first floor of Stephenson Cancer Center, offers healthy soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, entrees and daily specials, not to mention some yummy desserts. Their number is (405) 271-1685.

Is there health insurance available for students through the university?

  • All HSC students are required to have health insurance. Academic HealthPlans serves as the student insurance provider for the HSC campus. Insurance forms are available in the HSC Student Affairs office, located in the HSC Student Union and online. Please call Academic HealthPlans at 1-888-924-7758 for more information.

Where is the David L. Boren Student Union located?

  • The David L. Boren Student Union is located at 1106 North Stonewall in Oklahoma City on the east side of the HSC campus, bordered by the College of Pharmacy on the North, College of Nursing on the South and just East of the Robert M. Bird Library. For more directions, visit our Directions page.

How far is the HSC from Norman, Oklahoma?

  • The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is located approximately 30 miles north of Norman off of I-235. For more directions, visit our Directions page

Where can I park when visiting campus?

  • Metered visitor parking is located on the west side of the David L. Boren Student Union off of Stonewall Avenue . For more parking information, call HSC Parking Services at (405) 271-2020, or for directions, visit our Directions page.

Is there a difference between a student services office and HSC Student Affairs?

  • Each HSC college (Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health, etc.) has a student services office. These offices provide college specific services for their students. HSC Student Affairs operates as an umbrella student services office for the entire campus, with a mission to enhance the academic experience for all students.

Are there scheduled tour days/times?

  • Any student may schedule a personalized tour for Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. by writing to or calling our prospective student services staff (see our Schedule a Tour page). For prospective students that cannot visit during the above hours, HSC Student Affairs hosts a monthly presentation held on the third Friday of the month on the Norman campus in Jacobson Hall at 12:30 p.m. For more information, contact HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416.

How many students are enrolled at the HSC?

  • Approximately 4,000 students are enrolled at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. The HSC also employs nearly 4,500 faculty and staff.

Is there a fitness facility on the HSC campus available for student use?

  • The University Health Club is located at 1000 N. Lincoln There is no charge for students to use these facilities. For more information Intramural Sports, please call (405) 271-2416. For information about the University Health Club, call (405) 271-1650.

About Admissions

Can I apply online?

  • Prospective students may apply for admission to the HSC online at https://apps.ouhsc.edu/admissions/. Students that have applied for admission can also check the status of their application.

What are the deadlines for applications?

  • Deadlines for applications for admission are different for each college. Check the deadlines page for more information, or contact your college of interest.

What are the requirements for admission?

  • Admission requirements for each college vary. For more information, visit your college of interest’s website or contact their student services or admissions office.

What are the average costs of attending the HSC?

  • Due to the individual nature of each program, costs of tuition and fees vary. To request a college cost sheet, e-mail financial-aid@ouhsc.edu. Include “College Cost Sheet” and your college/program of interest in the subject line. For more information regarding costs, contact HSC Student Financial Aid at (405) 271-2118 and check the "Paying for It" page.

Where do I send my application for admission?

Where is the Admissions and Records office?

How can I get my transcript sent from the Norman campus to the HSC?

  • OU Norman campus students needing to have their transcripts sent to the HSC campus can submit a request from either the Norman Admissions, Records and Enrollment Services office, (405) 325-4147, or the HSC Admissions and Records office, (405) 271-2359